Responsibilities: RMJ Automation is seeking a Controls Engineer for work in the Chattanooga Area. In addition to the requirements listed below, an applicant must be experienced in troubleshooting, possess high communication skills, be able to work independently, and respond well to changing environments.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum 5 years experience working as an engineer.
Key Responsibilities: A Controls Designer Engineer creates electrical and pneumatic schematics, analyzes prints, troubleshoots and debugs electrical and pneumatic designs, determines material and component specifications, and writes programming to operate machinery at a high level of proficiency.
This is a mid-level position, capable of designing and troubleshooting complex electrical functions while working independently. This position reports to the team business unit manager
Hardware knowledge (Hands on experience):
- PLC – Allen Bradley: CompactLogix, ControlLogix, SLC 500, PLC 5, MicroLogix, Siemens: 416, Square D: Symax 50, Festo: Smart Valve,
- HMI – Allen Bradley: Panelview, Panelview Plus, Siemens: TP, OP Series.
- Communications – Allen Bradley Ethernet I/P, ControlNet, Devicenet, Siemens: Profibus.
- Variable Frequency Drives – Allen Bradley Powerflex, SEW Eurodrive.
- Robotics – Denso, Epson, FANUC
- Servos – Allen Bradley: Kenetics 6000, SERCOS Servo Drive Interface, Yaskawa: SGDV, SGDH.
- Vision – Keyence / Panasonic / Cognex / DVT.
- PLC – Allen Bradley: RSLogix 5000, RSLogix 500, Siemens: Step 7, Square D, Festo.
- HMI – Allen Bradley: FactoryTalk View Studio, RSView, PanelBuilder, Siemens: ProTool.
- Communications – Allen Bradley: RSNetworks, RSLinx, Ethernet, ControlNet, DeviceNet, Siemens: Profibus.
- Robotics – Adept V+, QuickBasic.
- Servos – Allen Bradley: Kinetics 6000, SEW: Motion Studio.
- Application Development – Visual Basic v4.0, v5.0, v6.0, National Instruments LabWindows
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Weekend availability
Project engineering: 5 years (Required)